Have A Look At The Hyperbaric Therapy Indications & Contraindications
In the recent days, there are many medical professionals that increasingly refer to the hyperbaric oxygen therapy, mainly because of the effectiveness and usefulness of the therapy. At the same time, another important thing that has to be kept in mind is that like all other therapies that have both indications and contraindications, it is applicable in the case of hyperbaric therapy, as well. Therefore, when you o for such a therapy, you should be well aware of the hyperbaric therapy indications & contraindications.This in turn, would make it easy for you to understand and determine whether this treatment is applicable for you.
Therefore, it is high time that you have a look at hyperbaric therapy indications & contraindications. Well, let’s have a look at the indications of the therapy first. In most cases, it has been seen that the therapy is indicated for wide varieties of mental illnesses. Some of these include:
- Psycho organic syndrome
- Removal of the symptoms of mental and physical stress in extreme situations
- It can create a positive impact on the disorders of speech and movement
- Treatment of depression.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Sickness of decompression
- Tissue infections
- Thermal burns
- Tissue damage due to radiation
- Compartment syndrome or crush injury
- Treatment of the syndrome of alcohol abstinence.
On the other hand, some of the contraindications of the therapy include:
- Causing cysts in the lungs
- Can cause claustrophobia
- Upper respiratory infections
- Seizure disorders
- It can also result in acute infections
- It can result in cerebral thrombosis
- It can increase the sensitivity of a person to oxygen
Though, hyperbaric therapy indications & contraindications are present, yet the indications are much more surpassing the contraindications of the therapy.